View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #127
Hewby OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
El Salvador

El Salvador is a delight. Ok this may sound strange but the light seemed different there. It played off the trees that lined the roads.
P1010588

It danced in the smog that came out the back of the trucks creating fingers of light that touched the ground. It bathed the surfers in the early evening with a delicious glow, the waves crashing to the shore tinted in pink.
P1010598

This may also have been influenced by my wonderful new host Mario and his daughter Fer who met me on sunset on the coast, after I had spent a delightful day exploring the mountain villages of the route de las flores.
IMG_3462

IMG_3466

IMG_3454
P1010578

With them as my guide I was not worried by the impending darkness that followed the delights of sunset. I was not searching for a place to stay. Not worried about muggings. Simply weaving my way in and out of traffic following the red glow of Mario’s break light and the round ADV sticker on his back box.

IMG_3485

Motorcycles play a big part in Mario’s life. His garage full of them. His holidays touring on them, and his business as a dealer for an El Salvadorian branch of Tourtec, and possibly soon for Heidenau tyres. If he had some in stock when I was there I would have been sorely tempted to replace my front Tourance, even half worn down, to complete my set of Heidenau.
P1010693

I spent two nights with Mario and his lovely family. Enjoying pure luxury in their lovely house and teaching 13 year old Fer to roll and cook fresh Pasta and Pavalova. The next afternoon Mario took me out riding to volcanoes and coffee plantations, and another lovely sunset, this time at the devils door.

P1010623
P1010694

IMG_3491

P1010702