Thread: Norra 2013
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #194
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild View Post
Nope, the Grand Rally is my other project, which can never be a real race due to the location. The whole idea of the Diabolical Rally is for it to be a real marathon rally race. The navigation and terrain in the Mexican 1000 are fairly easy, in order to be attractive to the vintage vehicles, vintage drivers, and rally newcomers. That was frustrating me, especially the GPS option, so I started looking into possible new harder sections for the Mexican 1000. The more I got into it, the more I realised we needed a whole new event. The Diabolical goes in the opposite direction as the Mexican 1000, i.e. it's super tough navigation and terrain (currently looks like 7 stages, 1400 miles). My hope is that I can get NORRA onboard with it. If not, I'll find another promoter to pick it up. But first I have to go prerun some of it to see if it's even possible.
If you need a Tag along (support crew ) I am in !!!!