View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #9
dlh62c
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspdbill View Post
T
However, one question on transferring maps, using MapInstall now to install the latest CN on the Montana. As suggested before I'm installing CN on the Montana itself and will install Topo24 on the microSD card. It's easy to get it to load CN on the Montana internal memory by just removing the microSD card but when I first tried it (w/ SD card still installed) I didn't see a way to designate the map install to go to the Montana internal memory or the microSD card? When I install Topo24 is it going to finish using up the space on the internal memory or will it decide to load it onto the memory card by itself?
With the microSD installed in the Montana, and when MapInstall opens, it searchs for the device. The device window has a drop down arrow next to it, it should show the gps (Montana (Unit ID ####) + SD card). That's where your map will end up. At least that's' where it ends up on my 62s. Without the microSD card installed, the map gets sent to the 62s's internal memory. The map file takes the name of the map set your using.

I hope that all made sense. Now if my 62s will just DIE, so I can get me a Montana.

daryl
dlh62c is offline   Reply With Quote