View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #26
dm635 OP
Let's Roll

Oddometer: 320
Congrats to all for getting back on. Our hobby has some extreme danger involved. I have 3 children aged 21 to 29. They all came to the hospital once alerted. Wife says my son (26) climbed in the bed with me for a whole day. I was out for 2 days. Wife says I seemed very alert while they were stiching up my face. My son has expressed strongly that he doesn't want me back on. We are good buds & he knows my intentions. I'd have to say it was a traumatic experience to anyone that saw me those 1st couple of days. I was road meat. Friends came too immediately when called. The riders understand my getting back on, though didn't like seeing me that way.

That is why I've said my decision does effect others, some more than others. My family in Houston Has also expressed that I'm done.

Just last night the wife saw a Honda commercial for small riders. I'm now a 1st time grandfather with a 13 month old grandson. She said not to even think about putting young Bishop on a bike when he grows. I replied that was for his daddy. Well daddies a motorhead & Bishop will grow up knowing about machines.

I'm sure my wife knows now that I'll be back on in the wind. Even though we haven't talked about it. She knows it's in my blood. Can't remove it. I live in the country & love taking off for a hundred or so miles. Hate the traffic in Louisville & only deal with it when I have to.

dm635 screwed with this post 11-27-2012 at 01:10 PM Reason: add
dm635 is offline   Reply With Quote