View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #881
Beam(st)er
Miss Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
My first water crossing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colebatch View Post

Here Beemster confessed .... she was absolutely petrified of water crossings.!

And on the first few miles on the dirt, on the first day of the ride for her ... we had a BIG water crossing.
I still had to get into adventure mode after being stuck in the hotel for 5 days when Walter drove towards this big shiny lake. He stopped and I thought he wanted to take a picture but all of a suddon he walked right in! What the f#@*??? I asked Walter what he was doing. Well we are gonna cross this river he said. I said this is not a river, this is a lake! I really thought he made a joke but a few minutes later I knew that he wasn’t...

This all looked very challenging to me because I started offroad riding only one year ago. I started playing in sand, riding tight trials and motocross tracks, and I loved it! But river crossings... There are almost no possibilities to practise that in Holland.

While I was watching the guys for a few minutes walking around in the water, I was wondering how I could persuade them that this was insane. But 4 guys, 1 girl, I knew I couldn’t win... So I also walked in, trying to find a route to the other side. Walter was already in the water with his bike. He was halfway and I thought it did not look good seeing his bike sink that deep! How the \*#@* am I gonna do this???

Beam(st)er screwed with this post 03-29-2014 at 02:19 AM
Beam(st)er is offline   Reply With Quote