View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #29
scorpion
Two arm bandit

Oddometer: 5,343
Day 1
Started from Palmdale at about 7:30 (late) with CaStu

Kept a quick pace to the first gas stop where we picked up Razr with the first story of mechanical misfortune

Hit the sand whoop section and came across a service team from BMWNA working on BigTodd's beast

Big to Todd for flogging that pig out there.

Got into some trouble in Last Chance canyon, hard to see a clear line with a million freaking rocks!

Ended up getting a rear flat on the way out but luckily Razr was there to assist me in the change in the beating down sun.
No pix I was too tired to even think about it.

Razr was channeling his inner Dakar racer and I hung on for dear life trying to keep up.

I went into a deep ravine way too hot and center punched a large well place rock. Went over the bars and took out my ramm mount for the GPS. No picks only swearing and sucking wind.

Day 1 GPS fix

Hooked up with 1222R, Ami and Roy after lunch and those doods FLY!
Again I was bringing up the rear and eating much dust.

Buddy up for water is the norm in the dez.
:ymca
Got to the hard way split and we lost Roy so me and Razr pushed on over the hard way.
Great views on top

I rode 500 miles through the desert with my hairdresser and I still got hair helmet!

Did some rodeo clowning and took some soil sample but finally made it through with some valuable data.

got to the Husky memorial and found our group again but we were still about 40 mile away from Barstow

We had to haul ass

we got caught in the dark and I swapped ends of the bike and shot clean through a giant cresote bush and directly into the next one. Hard to see put the bike was suspended in the bush

Got to Barstow and ran directly into a bottle of Chianti

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote