View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #131
Hewby OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
After leaving the wonderful Mario and San Salvador, I head up towards the relaxed town of Suchitoto, and spend a pleasant part of the day crossing the huge lake by ferry.
P1010719

P1010729

I am the only passenger for a fair bit of the time, and we head out to the more remote part of the the lake to pick up some famers, a pile of corn lugged onto the boat on the mens backs.
P1010758

It's actually a really lovely trip and I get to practice my spanish for an hour or two with the ferry men as we sit in chairs dragged to the edge of the boat and watch the water.
P1010749

I manage to do some contiuous navigating in circles in one little town along the way as roadworks seem to have taken down a bridge and one way streets make a mess of my navigating skills. Though some lovely people after heated discussions between themselves about how indeed I am to find my way out of the town- each pointing in different directions, get in their car and lead me out through a network of backstreets. Who would have thought it could be so hard!!
P1010761

I stop for the evening in the arty town of La Palma, after having continuous troubles with my bike stalling and stopping. I spend the afternoon working out whats wrong with her- simply the loose battery terminal coming back to bite me, thankfully it seems nothing more. Then wandering the muraled town and indulging in the delightful pupusas for my last time in El Salvador.

IMG_3499

IMG_3502