View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #30
scorpion
Two arm bandit

Oddometer: 5,357
Day 2 started late per usual. Shit I left at 7am and I was one on the last. I was told to go straight to Baker.
Eff that, I headed to Ludlow down the 40 and caught the start of the sand monster there.

This was a special section for me because back in '09 I was on the 990 and it was not so much fun.

Throttle is the steering and clutch is the brake, got it .

This time was a BLAST on the Husaberg. I just flew over those dunes and whoops what a huge difference.

Notice the Day 2 GPS fix

Got to Rasor rd gas to see the high fashion Deux Machina doods posing for the pappers

I give them 95 pts for style

Cooling down the Berg. It ran like a $10 whore from a crooked cop!

Rode the pole line to Baker for a microwaved burrito, known to be on olympic training tables.

Hit the sandwashes again

This was a deep sand s-curved wash that claimed a few riders

this was also were I broke down in '09

Got to sandy valley and gulped down lunch where I hooked up agian with Stu.
Don't be fooled by Stu, he is a very fast rider

got turned around on the trail but finally got back on track to Redrock.
I thought Redrock was a pleasant senic finish to a long ride but I was sorely mistaken.

If it weren't for Stu I would still be out there!

All in all a fantastic ride. The key is to start early! don't screw around keep on it all day.
I was on a brand new bike with brand new gear so I was having a hard time getting adjusted to the whole new package.

I got so much help from my buddies that I would not have finished both days without 'em . I just hope I didn't slow you guys down too much.
I ended up doing most the whole course except for the headstart in Ludlow. I give much respect to those who did the entire roll chart, some of those sections were hard.

The sections weren't all that hard per se, but string it together in a 2 day 500 mile run and its gets more challenging.
My biggest problem was exhaustion and being able to do push-up, leg lifts, read the roll chart and ride the bike at the same time.

BTW, get the best protection you can, it served me well and I would have easily broken my shoulder and/or broken my ankle had I not been up armored.

The worse was having my room at the other end of the hallway after barely being able to get off the bike.

LAB2V 2013, whose IN!

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote