Sharp-eyed BOMBER M. Harness just sent a link to some additional info that popped up on the web. Lyndon Poskitt is a UK based racer competing in the Dakar. He is sponsored by Klim, and also Klim's UK importer, Adventure Spec. Adventure Spec actually created the first version of the Adventure Rally jacket, before eventually handing it off to Klim to commercialize.
That combination seems to have given racer Poskitt the proverbial inside line on the Adventure Rally 2.....he actually HAS ONE.....in blue!!!
Here are a few of his comments:
Some of the key features are:
- Full CE approved armour including chest so that I didn’t have to wear a pressure suit or armour underneath. I can just remove the jacket when I stop and throw it on when it’s time to go, perfect.
- 3 litre bladder capablility for hydration.
- Good ventilation including upper and lower sleeve vents, chest vents and rear exhausts.
- Plenty of pockets for my documents and food etc.
- The tried, tested and loved Klim internal harness system that helps distribute the weight of a loaded jacket comfortably.
- Tough material on high impact areas (not that I intend using these).
- Three different collar option, removable for use with Leatte, Leatte collar for adverse weather and regular jacket collar – all interchangeable.
- The most impressive part of this jacket is the cut and fit of the jacket, is really is nice and we now see straps on the elbows to prevent armour rotation.
- Multiple super reflective panels to keep me safe on those early morning starts.
- I’m sure I’ve missed something but let me say this jacket has all the features expected of a tough, hard wearing jacket suitable for all conditions because as before, it uses GoreTex technology.
The thing looks great in color. Also, any questions about venting between the Badlands and the ADV Rally have been answered: the ADVR-2 allows removal of the entire collar area - absolutely the best vent possible.
A link to Poskitt's blog is here