Thread: Hawai'i
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 01:25 AM   #612
Gasser
Control crash rider

Oddometer: 140

This is my trusty 09 KTM 200 a week before the Lava Butt 400 showing 10,422 miles on the odometer with the original top end and chain/sprockets> 45t rear…(my trick chain lube)…this bike kicked those big stupid top heavy 450's ass's on the Hwy (top end 90 mph) and in the gnarly lava rocks (Race Tech suspension)…it gets 60 mpg (JD jetting kit) @ 55 and 40+ mpg on tight demanding trails…I ride this bike from Hilo up to the top of Mauna Kea quite often just to eat a SubWay sandwich…the only glitch this bike ever had is the stock lighting stator went out and I replaced it with a Trail Tech 100 watt unit…I run a Tubliss tire set up never getting a flat no matter how bad the lava rock sections get because it takes speed to smooth out the square edge hits and when I do slam the many nasty sharp ledge's the tire stays full of air…we had to stop the Lava Butt 400 ride several times because of flats…this eats up time and you lose the riding rhythm it takes to go faster than the crash for long distances IMHO wisdom.

~Ride now die later~~~Gasser~