View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 02:04 AM   #169
schattat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild View Post
Now it seems you use the GPS output to allow the compass repeater to display speed. Great idea!
Actually Scott, this feature has been incorporated since the first models!

Quote:
But I still want the compass repeater to be able to display distance as well (like the TripMaster XL). Can you use that GPS output data to calculate distance (speed/time=distance), and allow that to be displayed?
I have had this idea for quite some time now, too. The problem with calculating distance from your speed is that it is not accurate at times, you will never get the precision of counting the front wheel. Take my Garmin for example. Let it sit in an open area and it will always show +-3m accuracy. Sometimes when totally stationary, the speed may jump to say 2km/h even though it is 0km/h. One would need either a highly precise unit or some clever software workaround for that.
In fact, the ERTF GPS' output the distance of the roadbook in a special sentence, which I have yet to decode. Upon reaching a waypoint it will autoadjust your travelled trip.
Quote:
I suppose you don't have available I/O pins on the processor, but I can keep dreaming that you'll find a way to do this.
No pins left, for now that is. Once I get the XL sales running a lot more smoothly, I will think of the next version (new chip, more pins) and what other fancy features to add

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
Can someone do a spliter so we can run two Units off one pick up?
or run the OEM unit and a RNS or ICO unit of one pick up ???
That is what I am looking for!!!!!
In theory you can do it by splicing the cables and joining the 2 wires of the wheel sensor cables from the output of the unit and fixing them to the 2 wires of the sensor!
Be careful though, depending on how the 2 unis are connected to one another, they may interere with each other! Test it thoroughly!!!

Yamaha WR450F Rallye Spec
schattat is offline   Reply With Quote