View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 04:20 AM   #6
Martynho OP
No more Chilegringo.

Oddometer: 407
Eliminated the immobiliser!

We sourced a new ECU for a discount goodwill price from the KTM dealer, and they agreed after some discussion to put the 2008 software and map onto it so that it would not look for the immobiliser. They weren`t keen at first, the KTM software asks for the bikes VIN number so we provided them with another 2008 bikes VIN so they could do it ticking all the factory`s boxes. I did ask if we could load up a 2010 map but the way they do it I was told it would also load the 2010 personality module and it would then look for the immobiliser

And it works!

We have eliminated the immobiliser! It has no sender unit fitted and we did not have to do any reprogramming of the keys. Hey I can even ride it with the cool orange key now I guess

I rode it home last night and it felt ok, I did notice it backfiring lightly on the overrun occasionally

So. We now have a 2010R running on a 2008 module and fuel map. Maybe it will just run fine? Going to run it for a while see how it goes. What do you folks think, any issues ahoy?

Meanwhile my friendly neighbourhood mechanic is going to source the tunesECU cable and we are going to start playing to see how we can load up just the 2010 fuel map without buggering up the (non) immobiliser settings

I notice Violator has posted a similar thread and I am in the same place as him. I have been up and down parts of the got tunes thread and it was waay over my head, and my mechanic is not too familiar with it either.

We have some learning ahead....
Martynho is offline   Reply With Quote