View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 06:03 AM   #300
csustewy OP
Motojero
 
csustewy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: back in Denver
Oddometer: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeTA View Post
Certainly understand the economics of trying to bring the TA home vs selling it there, just hate to see another one leave the US for good since there are so few here to begin with . I would think maybe selling it to some other traveler who wanted to come over and take possession and do a south to north trip might be an option. The HUBB might be a better place to find someone like that.

I suspect you're going to be in SA for quite a bit longer so this wouldn't work, but The Two Kiwis (http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...789269&page=34) just had a bad crash and it sounds like Ellen has no plans to ride again (they each had their own bike), so they are now contemplating trying to find a bigger bike in Mexico to continue their ride. If the timing worked, maybe they could finish up CA on their current one bike and then fly down to SA and continue on your TA. Just a thought.
I had seen a bit about their crash, and am glad to see everyone is ok (sucks about their insurance nightmares, though). It's understandable that they're going 2up from here on. Not sure if the timing will work out, but your thought is a good one. I will let the dust settle for them to see what path they decide to take before mentioning much else. Thanks for passing that along to both of us.

I will likely post our TA on the HUBB (and maybe here in Latin America), but am unsure of how to price it, locate it, all that. I would much rather see her on the road, even potentially back in the states. The last thing I want to do is part out a fine machine. I will keep kicking around ideas, and am definitely open to any further thoughts you (or anyone else) may have...
__________________
Travelin' Light ride report - 2 up on an 89 Transalp through the Americas
.
Motojeros blog
csustewy is online now   Reply With Quote