View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #11
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,110
buying new?

The new CRF250l is looking very promising... The aftermarket is adding new stuff almost everyday. Some people are decrying the weight and power, however the owners are VERY happy with the bike so far according to this site and others. $4500 price is excellent and so is the Fuel Injection. Some may prefer a carb, but after switching to FI when I bought my WRr I would have a hard time going back to a carb.

WRr's are fantastic, and I love mine, best out of the bunch stock in my opinion, but they are much more expensive new (I bought mine used for a great price). Realistically the only thing that needs to be changed is the stock gearing, but isn't that true of nearly every Dual Sport? I run 14/49 now, works on single track and can cruise 70mph on the highway all day long.

The other bikes listed are great too, but in my opinion the new FI 6spd bikes are the smoothest and the most flexible for daily use. I put 7000+ miles on mine in the first season of ownership. Mostly commuting 80 miles round trip, but also rode atv trails, a supercross track, and of course single track. The bike did it all, and did it pretty damn good! (especially after the re-gearing)
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997633
byron555 is offline   Reply With Quote