View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,090
Ok!

Been following you thread since the beginning ,sorry for the turn of events, now lets get cracking on the continuation of your epic adventure----

I would suggest that you SERIOULSEY consider the URAL 2wd and for advise go to "Bugs on my face"or"Oasis of my Soul" thread and check in with them. Both teams have the Ural 2wd and have glowing reports of their trips & the bike

If you could make it back as far North as Phoenix area, there is a Ural dealer in Mesa Az "Logans " he would help get you set up& although I can't speak for him I would think would make you a deal on the Suzuki's for a new Ural 2wd . I say this because I know a few of his customers & Ural owners & they say Logan is a stand up guy.

I know its hard to add a third wheel but with the luck you've had so far maybe its time to slow things down, enjoy the ride, smell the flowers and take more pix & if you still need your thrills you can learn to "FLY" the car for the chits & giggles

From what I've gatherer from other RR's through CA & SA its hard enough on a big bore bike--KTM 990s & F800s just staying
uprite w/gear & ridding solo, let alone trying it 2-up

I truly think the Ural 2wd has more positives than negatives--extra(hard to source fuel) capacity, more room for gear & the "cool factor" in CA & SA are over the top

Something to think on real hard ------IMHO
Best of luck FORWARD--

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote