View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
vernon dent
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehu View Post
Hi folks,

I stumbled upon this near perfect 1969 CB350 online and after asking the seller if it was still for sale, I received this reply:

"Hello and thanks for your interest,

the bike is still for sale and in excellent condition. I have the title in hand so I'm ready for a quick deal. I have dropped my price to $2,000, since this is an Urgent Sale! All documents, including owner’s manual, clear title and a bill of sale on your name will be provided along with the bike. I'm forced to sell it a.s.a.p. because I work on a cruise ship now and I'm offshore most of the time.
The bike is in Florida Keys but if you are serious about buying, I will ship it for no extra cost and would like to close the deal through eBay's Vehicle Protection Program because it offers protection for both of us.
Unfortunately I can't use my cell at work but I will check my email several times a day.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
XXXX."

cb350 by AZjohnny, on Flickr

Does this look like a scam? Can a bike be purchased through eBay's protection program if it's not listed on eBay?

Thanks
SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!! don't even consider it and cut off any communication with this prick. if he can get an email address he may gain access to personal info!

the second sentence makes it brutally clear its a scam. the further you read, the more obvious it becomes. and to top it off,the bike ships free.

vernon dent screwed with this post 11-29-2012 at 03:55 AM
vernon dent is offline   Reply With Quote