11-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Escondido CA
Might I suggest...
- Ship the bikes and stuff (wheels, parts, cooler, loading ramp, tie downs, etc) to San Diego, east county if possible.
- Fly into San Diego.
- Rent a truck or van from CaBaja.com (rentals legal and insured to be taken to Baja).
- Drive to the nearest used tire shop and get an extra spare truck/van tire/wheel (it's Baja, just sayin').
- Drive short distance to where the bikes were shipped.
- Load crap and head to Baja.
- After the race drive back to San Diego, repack at shipper, return truck, fly home.
Or, if you do not want to take a support truck all the way to Cabo and you do not want to rent a race bike or support from Baja Bound Moto then...
- Ship bikes and stuff to San Diego, north county if possible.
- Fly into San Diego on 26th.
- Get picked up by a BBM van(s) with trailer(s) loaded with bikes & crap and be transported to Mexicali.
- From there go with whatever plans you made with others for support.
- Vans w/ trailers could either go straight to Cabo and wait to haul all the stuff back to San Diego & shipping place or they can go to each night stop with your stuff. All depends on what people want.
Or vans w/ trailers can be done on the 26th and back to San Diego and you guys make other plan to get bikes & crap back north to Diego.
Seems pretty simple. No need to re-invent the wheel.