View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #4009
Martynho
ChileGringo

Oddometer: 400
Serial Killer??

Hi Mark,

Sorry not been in touch I have been out travelling pretty much since you left Santiago. It was real pleasure to have you stay with us, sitting up late over a few pisco sours chatting and listening to your stories.

Now as I have had the chance to read your full story and watch your video posts I can fully appreciate the depth of your character, your amazing courage, and your wonderful approach to life. It really puts the challenges I face in my own life into perspective and you have inspired me to be truly grateful for the blessings I have in my family, and for that I thank you for staying over. It was a priviledge for us.

You may remember the owner of the workshop commenting to me about hosting random travellers I have only met via these forums, "For all you know he could be a serial killer"

I see you are in Chile Chico now. Looks like you are loving the beautiful south, and are well on schedule to catch your boat. God speed on the rest of the trip, wherever it takes you. It goes without saying that you have a home in Santiago if you come back up to ship out.

Un fuerte abazo - Martyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
Santiago. Had a great stay in Santiago. It is a big modern city unlike any other city that I have been in to in South America. As my amazing host Martyn said; "it just works"

I cannot be thankful enough for the people that I have met along the journey, and in Santiago Martyn and Kate (and their son George) that opened their home to me in Santiago Helping me get set up at BMW service, Then providing with a comfy bed and hospitality and great conversations about Life, Kids, travel, motobikes and so many other topics was really awesome! It is one of the experiences of meeting other great people with a motorcycle connection that you feel like could be friends for a lifetime!! It is hard to be able to express how much this impacts a journey like the one I am on. So you just say with a heartfelt thanks!

Somehow I did not take a photo of us together

And their son George was great, when I got there he handed me a cup of tea....... In a KTM mug

And we shared some great Chilean Wine and Peruvian Pisco Sours. Including a great dinner of Grill steak and homemade Yorkshire pudding (gravy was on the table but not on my plate yet!)

Thanks for helping me with the At the BMW service center.

Martynho screwed with this post 11-28-2012 at 07:07 PM
Martynho is offline   Reply With Quote