View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #13
Humunn OP
Moto Prozac

Oddometer: 1,037
With full stomachs and tanks we say goodbye to Don for the afternoon. From here most of trail/road is fast and dusty and bordered by trees on both sides. No breeze so the moon dust hangs. The group spreads out to allow it to settle. I’ll see only the rider behind me from now on at intersections.

Crossing over the railroad tracks as we near the small town of Crescent.

Quick pit stop in Crescent for fuel then we blast SW toward Windigo Pass. I don’t get down here often but when I get the chance I look forward to the ride up to Windigo. It is an old forest logging road that is not maintained well which makes it a lot of fun on motorcycles at speed.

But this time was different. Disappointingly the road was nicely graded, very nicely graded…and done recently. In fact, it was so recent that we crossed paths with several huge graders finishing their work for the day followed by low clearance passenger cars which I had never seen on the road before. Bummer.

But making the best of it I peel off on a not well accessible snowmobile trail that takes us straight into Diamond Lake. It is rough and unmaintained, partially making up for the super highway we just rode over Windigo.

We drop into Diamond Lake.

And share partial truths about the day’s ride over some liquid medication.

While we burned a few of these.

And finally settled into the pub for dinner. Great place.

And then promptly collapse in bed after a long ride day.

Day 1: Prineville to Diamond Lake, 180 miles.

Up tomorrow morning we’ll head south into the Prospect OHV area and ride some great tight and twisty mountain trails. Stay tuned…

2009 KTM 450 EXC The Citrus Mistress - 2010 Yamaha FZ1 The Black Pearl
Humunn is offline   Reply With Quote