View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #10
Maineroot OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaboundmoto View Post
Might I suggest...

- Ship the bikes and stuff (wheels, parts, cooler, loading ramp, tie downs, etc) to San Diego, east county if possible.
- Fly into San Diego.
- Rent a truck or van from CaBaja.com (rentals legal and insured to be taken to Baja).
- Drive to the nearest used tire shop and get an extra spare truck/van tire/wheel (it's Baja, just sayin').
- Drive short distance to where the bikes were shipped.
- Load crap and head to Baja.
- After the race drive back to San Diego, repack at shipper, return truck, fly home.

Or, if you do not want to take a support truck all the way to Cabo and you do not want to rent a race bike or support from Baja Bound Moto then...

- Ship bikes and stuff to San Diego, north county if possible.
- Fly into San Diego on 26th.
- Get picked up by a BBM van(s) with trailer(s) loaded with bikes & crap and be transported to Mexicali.
- From there go with whatever plans you made with others for support.
- Vans w/ trailers could either go straight to Cabo and wait to haul all the stuff back to San Diego & shipping place or they can go to each night stop with your stuff. All depends on what people want.
Or vans w/ trailers can be done on the 26th and back to San Diego and you guys make other plan to get bikes & crap back north to Diego.

Seems pretty simple. No need to re-invent the wheel.
I sent a PM to you. Let's hash this out. I think I could get a dozen racers to come down, knowing that the logistics are taken care of. This is great news.

Cheers-
#34 MX1K
TEAM GREENWOOD: Kali Protectives, Hammer Nutrition
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages, Darco Boot, ATOMIC MOTO,
Klim Riding Gear, Flexx Bars, Seat Concepts Seats, CJ DESIGNS PEGS, FORMA
BOOTS, Tj's Cycle, Austin TX
Maineroot is offline   Reply With Quote