View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 02:22 AM   #13823
jtw000
Survivor

Oddometer: 548
I found this in a crappy local shop in a backstreet in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. She's been the property of a French guy who came to grief and gave her up so no Cambodians have serviced it with a scaffold bar and a hammer. There's a rip in the seat (very easy fix out here) and the sump guard is missing. Otherwise in exceptional condition. I took her down to the coast where she strutted her stuff and I have to say, I'm damn impressed. My normal ride is a BMW X-country I rode here from London... nothing will ever replace that bike in my heart but she's off the road pending a refit so this one is getting pressed into service as a replacement and also for rent to people I can trust not to abuse it. I'm already planning some modifications (but will keep all the standard gear just in case). I would like to get a better exhaust, rejet the carbs and get a decent air filter. I'm planning a new headlight and better screen, engine guards, a better than standard bash plate and some kind of luggage solution. I'm already changing my mind about renting it... loving this bike already. Here are some pics...

jtw000 is offline   Reply With Quote