View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #86
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,567

After the camels there'll be another dried out smaller lake bed with a single vehicle route about metre deep cutting across it. There's quite a bit of feche-feche on it's base so it's easier just to bear left or right to avoid it...if you wish that is.

Soon all trails converge in to one hard pack trail....

[IMG][/IMG]

When you ride over the rise,it opens out after it drops down to the first of several auberges,along of which I call 'Auberge Alley'...there's a sandy trail that passes in front of each of these and taking the normal and most direct route to Merzouga(that's why the auberges are placed there .... simples!!)

[IMG][/IMG]

This is the first place you'll see ( after this if you're ever on an enduro moto...theres a large play area of whoops and fast hard pack going before it settles onto the normal sandy route)

[IMG][/IMG]

We see the same trucks we'd seen before....

[IMG][/IMG]

We stop to have a chat with some people in 4x4's....one of the group is afraid that they'll take him away in their boot and he cowers behind me grabbing on to my leg.....I kick him off and tell him not to be silly.....

[IMG][/IMG]

After the soft going you pass through a dried up river bed of feche-feche then arrive at a metal sign.....head straight on where it becomes single track trail...on this you need to take care as it turns into a quarry trail where it's possible to meet the odd quarry lorry bimbling along. At this,we find that Christophe has ridden on in the Merzouga direction following his GPS.....he now gets the Presidents award.......

We stop just out side Taouz to wait on the Land Rover...here is where we drop the local dude off (Said)and then take 30km by blacktop to Merzouga to an hotel I know to see if they've any places

[IMG][/IMG]

Some of the group start bubbling uncontrollably now that they'll soon be on the safe tarmac ...I smack them on the back of their legs,tell them to be quiet and say that it's not like they'd just ridden the Dakar...only some of it...sheeesh

I ride on and find Christophe at Taouz and we all head to Saids house for mint tea.

[IMG][/IMG]
Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.

WIBO screwed with this post 11-29-2012 at 02:56 AM
WIBO is offline   Reply With Quote