Oddometer: 111
Day 3 Update

Day 3 Update:
From Mug Shots

From gpsKevin:
Morning was great, breakfast around Kelly house
From Arctic Wolf Day03

From Arctic Wolf Day03

Then it was off to see if we could find some support to fix Dave’s bike. Only choice was the Prince George Yamaha Dealer. They sometimes worked in BMW’s. We met them at opening time, but after several phone calls for help they were unable to help. The plan would have to be taking the bike to Vancouver and see if there could be a quick fix and if Dave would be able to rejoin us. Wow bummer, I hate that BMW have evolved such that you cannot work on them without a BMW computer system. We fear this may be ride over for Dave. But we remain hopeful.

From Mug Shots

From Missy:
Today was craziest day yet. We woke up to a few problems. Yesterday, Dave’s bike was having problems and suddenly dying without explanation. After talking through the options, we decided that it was smart to go to the local Yamaha dealer and see if they could help. So while that was decided, Jeffrey began to have other problems (not mental problems, bike problems).
From Arctic Wolf Day03

His top box began to fall off and he was going to lose half his food. Steve, with his big blue bag (which I’ve decided we’re calling big ole blue) came to the rescue with extra bolts to save Jeffrey. Our wonderful hosts helped too, by running to the local store and getting more parts. So as this is all taking place some of us leave to accompany Dave to the Yamaha dealer. Bad news comes as we realize they can’t help Dave and he can’t keep going without a fix. So after much deliberation, Dave is off to Vancouver to see if the Beamer dealer there can help him.
From Arctic Wolf Day03

Hopefully there is a quick fix and he will be back with us soon. We are already missing him. So as we are deciding Dave’s fate, Jeffrey and the KTM boys head to Walmart; our meeting place. As soon as they leave the hosts humble abode, Jeffrey gets a flat. I don’t know what it is with these flats, but if we keep this up, we are going to run out of the tubes that we brought. It was fixed up and they met us at Walmart for our last shopping adventure, before the great outdoors is all we get! So after the shopping with Brian and Jeff (that took forever with all their bickering) we were off to do the days ride. It was a short day today only about 200 miles. It was quick and easy. More bear, deer and elk sightings today.
From Arctic Wolf Day03

The scenery is just amazing. Endless green and thick forests. The rain started for a little so we geared up and prepared for the wet. It turned out to be only a slight drizzle. We got to camp and the host surprised us and gave us the group camp.
From Arctic Wolf Day03

It is a great camp with a huge structure and a wood burning stove. All the boys set up camp under the structure to keep out of the rain. I was smart and put my bike under the structure and the tent in the rain.
From Arctic Wolf Day03

We shared a potluck dinner and are now enjoying a fire.
From Arctic Wolf Day03

From Arctic Wolf Day03

From Arctic Wolf Day03

From Arctic Wolf Day03

The boys are sipping brandy and we are enjoying the wonderful camping adventure. In our camp fire discussions, we have pronounced Brian and Jeff the new Chuck and Larry, I am the new and improved Princess Leah, and Jeffrey says tying this email is like crapping; it takes a while but it all has to come out. Goodbye fans. More later.

From Mug Shots

Jeff’s Add on
This trip has been totally awesome, just like I dreamed about for months. The scenery is so spectacular words can’t do it justice. Last night was a potluck cookout. Food was really good right next to Moberly Lake. Camp host let us have the entire area for group to ourselves with a shelter we set our tents up in.
From Arctic Wolf Day03

Well – Missy, Brian, Tracy’s tents are out in the rain right now. We have a wood burning stove under shelter with picnic tables. It has been raining for the last 3 hours and has not let up. The nice shelter will end today.
From Arctic Wolf Day03

From Arctic Wolf Day03

From Arctic Wolf Day03

From Arctic Wolf Day03

Early to rise this morning for most of us, Missy and Jeffrey and still working on their beauty sleep. The boys are sitting around the fire drinking coffee swapping lies and talking about how much they miss their honey’s (wives). Kevin is making soup for the day. It is 6am and time to start packing up and getting ready for another day in the saddle. More bear, moose and wolves to find is our mission for the day.

From Arctic Wolf Day03

Map from Day3

gpskevin screwed with this post 12-02-2012 at 08:36 AM
gpskevin is offline   Reply With Quote