View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #474
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCRider View Post
When you get to Costa Rica, here's a quick way to convert from CRC to USD: drop the 1000's and multiply by 2. For example: 56,500.00 CRC = 57 * 2 = $114.00. Assuming that the exchange rate is still around 500 to 1 as it has been for several years now, this will give you a ballpark figure very quickly.

Another quick note regarding border crossings: I did the Costa Rica / Nicaragua crossing last weekend near El Sapoa, and thought it wasn't too bad in terms of CA borders. A few guys in the group went around the lake via NIC25 did the (small) ferry in San Carlos, and crossed to CR near Los Chiles. Just saying it might be an option too if you're up for the less traveled road.

Ride safe, and don't hesitate to PM me if you need anything when you get to Costa Rica.

Thanks for all the good info. I jst got up after a wonderful night's slepp and I'm going to get ready and go here soon. I feel like I have a plan here today thanks to Chris at the Moto Cafe here in Antigua. I am opptomistic it won't be the cluster I encountered on the way into Guatemala.

Gald you are along for the ride!

Kedgi
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote