Thread: DR350 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:05 AM   #13742
Greg Bender
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaViking View Post
A couple of weeks ago, my rear wheel locked up doing about 30mph on a forest service road. I initially thought i slipped my boot off the peg and grabbed a whole lotta rear brake. I quickly realized that wasn't the issue as the bike ground to a halt. That really would have made for an interesting turn events if had happened in a sweeper on slab - but anyway...turns out my chain guide that mounts under the swing arm gave up and sacrificed itself into my rear sprocket.

I likely threw a rock and cracked it but I have to say after that experience I really dislike the plastic design so here's my question: Has any fabbed or used something other than the factory oem piece? I'm riding without one now - but I really should have something back there...

Thanks for any info...
When I bought my DR350, someone had already installed a chain guide from Fredette Racing Products. I replaced some parts on it after I got it and was pleased to learn that replacement parts were readily available from Fredette. I don't have experience with anything else, but I've been very happy the chain guide as it has given me no issues whatsoever.

Regards,

Gregory Bender
Greg Bender is offline   Reply With Quote