View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:31 AM   #50
runnin4melife OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Before any group ride I tell everyone that I have a "Trauma Kit" and where it is located. (just in case they need it on me). This is a great idea! I do the same thing as well as crossload item needed for recovery like who has an aircompressor, tire tools etc... the more you are familiar with each other and their equipment the better off everyone is!

Mainly....in your opinion, would you consider aspirin or ?nitroglycerin? for a heart attack or symptoms?
If you are riding with anyone that has a heart condition they may want to rethink their hobby but for the occasion where it spontaneously occurs and well you happen to have something more potent there are some legal ramifications that can occur. As nitro is a Rx med it could be bad news if they take it and stuff goes wrong, heck it could be be bad news if it goes right and people report you. A baby aspirin helps, it is not as effective as nitro. Nitro is a vasodilator and aspirin is a cox inhibitor so if you give nitro it will lower their blood pressure and increase the flow to the ischemic portion of the heart. Couple that with a baby apsirin which reduces clotting and you have a pretty decent outcome. But be wary, I cannot recommend this as I mentioned above but I cannot stop it. Definitely research the Rx if you are going to carry it so it can be utilized properly.

Thanks for your time and input......

runnin4melife screwed with this post 11-29-2012 at 08:34 AM
runnin4melife is offline   Reply With Quote