View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
robl245
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVNCW View Post
Last Sept I went from Bremerton to Pacific Beach across FS 22 & 23. I got a map at AAA and it was easy. At the corner store on the pavement that jogged S to go N to Pacific Beach, I met a great local on a 650L who showed me logging spurs that came out on Aloha Ridge then right down to Pacific Beach.

When I was at Fred Meyer in Bremerton a great guy who rode the route all around the Olympics met me at my loaded motorcycle and told me how to go. Thanks, great folks along the way!
Hey ADVNCW,

That's a great shot there! I'm wondering about that windscreen you have on that Honda (230?). Where did you get it? Does it ever get in the way? Is it easy to remove? (Throw it on there for the longer road sections, strap it on the back for the fire road sections)

I'm one of the buddies DualpportWA is refering to and my challenge is to get this:

ready for a ride like this. (Looking more like your bike) It's stock other than an Enduro Engineering seat, and a full Baja Designs dual sport kit. I've since added D606s. I'm guessing the next step would be a larger tank and some sort of rear rack. I've never done any riding that involves packing any gear before, so if I'm able to go, this will be a first for me. Any advice?
robl245 is offline   Reply With Quote