View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #32
Emmbeedee OP
Emmbeedee's Avatar
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 9,982
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Just talked to a shop I trust up in Chico CA. Said the valve specs were changed but recommendation from the shop is to just wait until the next interval and then check and change it if needed. I let him know mine were just done and he said it can still wait until the next needed valve check... Sounds ok to me.
Makes sense. My bike needed its checkup so it was logical to do it now, and my wife's 650 had just had its 80K checkup a couple of months ago, but we got a break on the valve check price so it made sense to do hers now too.

But if either of our bikes had still been in use (ie no snow on the ground) we probably would have waited.
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote