View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #2372
old-n-slow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdd04 View Post
Hello everyone! My wife claims I tricked her on a 150 mile ride we did as to how long it was going to be. Probably did! Result is that she will not go anywhere until she has a better seat. Can't really blame her.

Is Seat Concepts the only option, or are there others that I should look at? For those who have gone the Seat Concepts route, how did it work out for you?

Thanks in advance!
In a lot of cases, it's not the seat, it's the pants. For any long distance riding blue jeans are a definite no-no, and that goes for shorter rides, too. Before spending a bunch on seat works, get her some proper riding pants, and if she's up for them, some LD riding underpants, the IBA's favorite! They are spendy but for distance they're the best and will save you a bunch by not trying and buying every other type of shorts out there. The big problem with jeans is that they're made of cotton, which will stick to your skin and can also stick to the bike's seat. Proper riding pants don't stick anywhere and let you move around on the seat, eliminating pressure points and hot spots while you ride.

Hope this helps, and get her back out there!

09 Super Sherpa
09 KLR650
old-n-slow is offline   Reply With Quote