View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #438
B1KSOLO
1 down 4 up right?

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaboundmoto View Post
By the way... Rudy absolutely a top notch guy, former bike racer, super experienced, and I'd say would be super gentle in the truck around bikers. The other driver Mark is a good guy but I do not know his moto background if any.

And being buddies with many car/truck racers, hearing stories, and having ridden in a TT I gotta say it's not all on the drivers shoulders to keep the bikers safe. What some bikers do in front of race cars is absolutly crazy insane. Bikers will try to keep the truck behind them, they'll jackrabbit the truck, they'll do stupid shit like wear headphones for music or ear plugs when racing and don't have a clue, and they'll pull back onto the course after getting passed when it's still dusty without getting a real good look at what's coming from miles OR YARDS back.
Not trying to start a debate, that debate was a few years ago post Baja 500...
Btw Tim..... I don't know this guy and I'm sure he's a solid guy, no ones even sure who was driving at the time, but if and person runs into a biker (a human being) with a 4000lb truck accidentally or prosperously, whether it the riders fault or not and doesn't stop to see if the rider is okay or needs help and leaves him out in the desert to fend for himself, this is -uck up imho. I raced for a lot of years and had my share of mishaps in which with I had to own and I don't see any ownership here

B1KSOLO screwed with this post 11-29-2012 at 05:23 PM
B1KSOLO is offline   Reply With Quote