View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #6317
elsalvadorklr
southern xr rider

Oddometer: 4,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxrneet View Post
Jeez, Christian. You're doing an awesome job of "if it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!"
On a side note, I doubt if a rich pilot was preventing you from starting. Lean is usually the problem! I'm most of the way through sorting my FCR, so I'm in a carbie frame of mind right now.
ON THAT NOTE..........................

wtf is going on now

so I went to test ride my oem carb...

first WOT run with plug already in the bike top speed 84mph. The plug came out looking perfect though nice and light tan

during ride down to the flats where I test my bike at sea level I notice my idle has a tendency to hang so Im thinking still lean and I take not of this

after first wot run I decide to adjust idle too...out a half turn so Im at 2 turns out...bike restarts nicely twice this way

second WOT run I decide to put the new dpr8 plug in for a real plug chop this with the 152 main. and HOLY SHIT IS IT WHITE! top speed 90mph only ran wot for a mile.

I could not pull top speed or 5th to its max potential, I noticed this before too on the old plug so great.felt like I was yanking on the throttle and it struggled.

I have my pack of jets ready to go, plop in a 155ab jet aka precision engineering jet and wham another pass for a mile or so and my top speed is now 93mph

ok we are getting somewhere...

then I restart the bike and all is good..the bike restarts nicely and no kickback and there is no lean cough and die issue either so I finally decide to do ONE last WOT plug chop

for almost 45 seconds...nice and long at full speed

my top speed is no 98mph same as the mikuni

I look at the plug and is has some chocolate colour to it....just on the strap...finally some color so I say well this is good enough and start the ride back up the hill to my house

I detour on some dirt and ride with great fun about 30 minutes...

I notice at this time that the bike responds and feels great really good acceleration no flats spots and really revvy...

so I come back home all happy and cheerful and check the oil

in order to do this I let the bike idle down for a minute or so and let it sit upright while it idles...

oil is at full so great....check that off the list

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

HERE COMES THE KICK TO THE BALLS

I take out the plug for a final looksy just to confirm my seat of the pants jetting and plug chopping and what do I find

A BLACK FUCKIN sooty mess of a new plug...........
so

now what peeps?

did the minute long idle do this and why would half a turn out do this

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

is my midrange way fat(where I rode most of the 30minute hill ride up the mountain at) obviously not WOT

to take notice is that my needle is in the second to leanest clip

so one more to go and Im all lean

that just cant be right can it?

please save me folks!
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote