View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #128
RexBuck OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 977
Nov 23 Into Honduras

Headed south from Copan. Saw some pretty organized agriculture

Stopped to check out a ditch and notice these interesting dirt piles all over the place. These were about a foot high and kind of flat on top in a Jetsons sort of way. Have no idea if bug or animal created these, just thought they were cool.

Coffee drying in the sun on a concrete slab. Coffee is a big crop in Central America and they make a good cup a joe.

Stopped at a roadside restaurant and the ladies were making these – deep fried, kind of like pockets filled with potatoes. Add a little of their local Chili Sauce - which is awesome and you have a pretty good lunch.

Stopped at D&D Brewry – who ever thought of putting a brewery in the jungles of Hondurus?
The place was packed mostly with backpackers – must be about 25 of em here. Apparently people come here to do all sorts of things from looking at waterfalls, birds and other stuff to fishing and hiking. Nothing that struck my fancy at the time.

Were out of rooms and offered me a room in another hotel a few minutes down the road. Would have to walk back here for internet and food so, opted for the dormitory. It’ll be me and 3 other guys. 120 Lempiras - $6 . . . ka ching! Turned out one guy took his bed to another cabin, one guy didn’t show so, turned out to be me and one other young guy from the Netherlands . . . double ka ching! Quiet as a mouse – I think he was too scared of the grumpy old guy in the corner to make any noise.

The dormitory through the trees

This little guy decided my laptop case was being underutilized

Beer was ok, food was filing. Strange bunch of beers they made. Porter was ok, others were generally too fruity for my tastes, but the kids seemed to like them.

Nice group of kids here – bunch of US Army folks who are training Honduran officers at a neighboring base. Had a good chat with one young couple, Eliza and Dustin who want to do some moto-travelling later on. Most of the other folks were from all over Europe.

RexBuck sighting at the Brewry

www.rexbuck.com - RexBuck's Latin America
RexBuck is online now   Reply With Quote