View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #30
5Chord OP
No Short-Term Memory

Oddometer: 1,037
After that there was just one more race.....The Coup De Gras......It's worth doing just for the cool penny! It's a two hour survival race or anything you want it to be....Just ride for two hours non-stop

Three cheers for Chris (aka The Lapper) who rode the:

Vet GP
Moto-a-Gogo
Coup De Gras

Nearly back to back

We packed it up and said our goodbye's and went back to the hotel...Just to realize we (I) forgot a bunch of stuff in the trailer.....oh well back to Glen Helen one more time Actually we met John at the Denny's right by the track.

We stopped at a wonderful restaurant called Richie's Diner on the way home and I had hickory smoked filet mignon...mmmmmmm..A meal fit for a carnivore One of the best and least expensive meals we had.

Monday morning we slept in as long as possible, packed up and drove to Santa Monica which was less than an hour away.

Then we checked into the Holiday Inn right across from the pier

And that about wraps up my ADITD MX Vacations journal. Sadly my MX Vacation experience was not great. I was very lucky not to get hurt on Friday when the caliper in the 250 I was riding fell off. It is clear after 3 days of bike problems that John does not properly maintain his machines. I had to pay $75 in fees he was supposed to cover and he did not cater to the ladies at all even though he was aware that I was bringing Pit Girl. I wish John the best in his future endeavors and may even try MX Vacations again under new ownership.

All in all it was a great adventure and I accomplished all my goals....

Have an amazing time
Participate in a few races
Stay healthy
and not lose!

5Chord screwed with this post 11-30-2012 at 08:53 AM
5Chord is offline   Reply With Quote