View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #12
Coastalcop
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Ok just got back from a 1400 mile two day trip to Big Bend/ Terlingua (ride report on Monday probably)

I didnt take the heavier off road stuff (skid plate didnt make it to me before I left), but old Maverick is fine, and i was advised that all the dirt road are OK right now if you go slow (Black Gap being the exception)

170 (River Road) is ok but a couple of the low water areas have a little sediment on the road, nothing to worry about though) and TX DOT is in the process of replacing guardrails and have traffic down to one lane in some areas, just follow the flagman signs and dont be suprised if only one in three actually has people working at it.

67 from Presidio to Marfa is fine. The town square in Marfa is great as always, grab something from the "Food Shark" truck,neat folks

The McDonald Observatory will bring out the supermoto in you for sure(of course so will river road)

118 from Alpine to Study Butte is clear and fun as always.

Did not see the Marfa lights this time, but dont recommend it unless you can follow a cager back to your sleeping area (due to the wildlife crossing the road)

Temps are still good in the region and while I recommend layering it is still FAR more comfortable than August.

Anyway, enjoy, its great country

Never confuse getting lucky with good tactics.... unless you are at the bar
Coastalcop is offline   Reply With Quote