View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #368
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 7,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
No, it's not something you "consciously and deliberately do" most of the time. Certainly not at legal road speeds. However, if you do it "consciously and deliberately" you will see that it does exactly what you would expect it to do, and promptly.

At very high track speed (and with clip-ons, as opposed to bars) it does take a considerable effort to turn a bike. Not something you wouldn't notice.

Is it "simply what you do to keep a two-wheeled vehicle balanced" ? No. It's actually the opposite. You countersteer to UN-balance a motorcycle.

Geeze... are we really debating the reality of COUNTERSTEERING in the MotoGP thread? Harley thread opens tomorrow. Have fun.

I'm no alien, but if I'm steering with the bars mid-corner at the track, I'm changing my line to set up a pass, or something went pear shaped.

Seriously, you counter steer...hard... to get the bike down for the corner, I guess you could call it setting the arc, once the bike is turning all adjustments are made with the throttle and foot pegs. In most corners you really shouldn't need your left hand unless you have an up shift.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote