View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #371
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 7,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
BS. Any attempt to put weight on a peg results in input into the bars.

At one of the Ducati events, a punter asked Troy Bayliss does he weight the inside peg or the outside peg in a corner. Bayliss scoffed and said he didn't think about any of that non-sense. If you are concentrating on your foot pegs in a corner you are doing it wrong. You need to be concentrating about 1/8 mile, or further, up the track.

You do what you need to do to get your body in the best position to steer with the bars, whether you know it or not.

Ever ridden on the track with someone missing a leg, or paralyzed from the waist down? Some of those guys hustle around the track pretty fast with nothing to steer with but the handle bars.

Who said anything about concentrating on it?

My point was that once you are past tip in you aren't really steering anymore, shifting weight around does more then trying to manhandle the bars. If I need a little more lean I usually do it by pushing on the outside foot, if I need less, more throttle. I try to only prop on the inside during set up.

Just how I learned it.

There may be some bar activity going on, but its certainly unconscious unless I'm trying to change my line or its a multi-radius corner.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote