View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #49562
XR BADGER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
The stock set-up can be much improved. That said I went with USDs and they transformed the handling of my bike. I also did it because it's not that expensive to do. I made money when I did it. They are sweet if you like to go fast. The only area conventional forks better them is in having less stiction. Rocks hounds like conventional (female slider) forks.
Thanks mendoteach. One reason I am leaning toward the USD set up is that I really did not get this bike to rock crawl, it's a little tall and heavy. And while I am certainly no racer, I do like to run the wider trails and fire roads fairly quick, at least for me. I know the stock set up,modified, has run the baja many times, just seems that the new shocks may have some favorable characteristic . One concern was the ergonomics, primarily rake, being other than stock might cause some adverse steering. Also I am running the Acerbis tank, and want to make sure there is clearance for them, and that the steering stops will work. It does sound like rsw has worked this out for the most part, but it is still a rather pricy chance.