View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:56 AM   #102
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 9,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Thinking about trailering down from Ohio for this... But have absolutely zero experience riding sand. Most of my time is spent on fast gravel roads or at the MX track banging around. Do the occasional leisurely dual-sport ride on two-track and relatively easy single track.

RallyWV terrain/roads are very familiar to me, have spent a lot of time in the area on larger bikes. Would Sandblast be a good intro to RallyMoto or should I wait for RallyWV? Weapon of choice would be a 2009 KTM 530EXC.
You should be fine.... the sand makes the bikes wander and wiggle around at high speed and that is a bit disconcerting at first. The deepest sand tends to be in tight corners,,,, pick a line, lean back and stay on the gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread82 View Post
Hey guys, I don't know if I can pull it off but I might try and run this, the question I have is can I just show up and run or do I have to do everything prior to the event?

Thanks,
Brett
You could do it that way, it will cost more in the way of late registration fees. Sign up ahead of time to get most of the paperwork done and then pay when you get there.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote