View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 06:49 AM   #1012
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideAbout View Post

O-my-God what have I been doing!? I've been using HI-Flo filters on dozens of bikes for thousands of miles. I'm so lucky I've never had an oil flow related problem yet but my time is coming.... I'm rolling the dice.... poking the bear with a stick...... playing with matches.......... running with scissors... etc.

Pray for me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerbuck View Post
How about explaining about the Hi-Flo filters, do you see a problem in using them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones View Post
Used HiFlo and Rotella for years on several bikes, not the place for this garbage.

Back on track, how many miles are on the Husky BigDog? I looked at some larger ADV bikes this weekend and I can not justify the pricetag, so I am back to looking at new/reliable dual sports and the Italian KLR sounds very promising, just wish Hall's was closer than 4 hours away
Pull apart a Hi-Flo and put the bypass spring on a tensiometer. Compare the spring rate to other filters. If one uses a low tension spring in a filter, there's more oil bypassing the filter element than going through it. Hence, Hi-Flo.

Since some have already gotten their panties in a wad, PM me, for further discussion.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote