gpskevin OP
gpsKevin

Oddometer: 112
Day 4 Let the cold and wet begin

Story from Missy:
From Mug Shots

It was raining on the tents
From Arctic Wolf Day04

This morning we awoke, packed up, and all of a sudden my water proof bag….well….it’s no longer water proof. Quick fix with gorilla tape (kindly lent from Tracy…so shout out to Big Jim for the great gift! Thank you!) and a plastic bag and we’re off on the days adventure.
From Arctic Wolf Day04

From Arctic Wolf Day04

We start off and immediately it starts to poor. Going down the freeway at 75mph with the rain pelting your helmet; not so easy to see (Oh well, what are you going to do?).
From Arctic Wolf Day04

From Arctic Wolf Day04

On the days plan was a nice dirt road that would have taken us to our desired camp spot, but because of the rain the nice trail turned into a muddy massacre. We gathered up and began the treacherous trail. It became worse and worse as we rode along. The group stopped for a discussion and because of the conditions (and Brian’s whining) we unanimously decided the streets were the desired way to go. Our new route had a lunch stop in Pink Mountain where we could warm up and eat, so that also swayed our decision quite a bit. After the break and the luscious steak sandwich specials, we were back on the road.
From Arctic Wolf Day04

More and more riding until we came to a small camp ground in the middle of nowhere.
From Arctic Wolf Day04

From Arctic Wolf Day04

From Arctic Wolf Day04

Andy Bailey Campground

This was a beautiful little camp situated right on a lake. So of course, being the only girl on the trip, I need my showers at a more rapid pace than these other folks, and I decided I was going to check out the lake to see if it was clean enough to bathe in. Kevin and I walked down to the water’s edge and felt the water, which to our surprise was quite warm.
From Arctic Wolf Day04

I scream up to the boys excited of my finding and Brian and Jeff offer to do the same and shower with me. We all three put on our suits and the group then follows to watch as we freeze in the lake (It was chilly, but surprisingly warm for the north of British Columbia).
From Arctic Wolf Day04

From Arctic Wolf Day04

From Arctic Wolf Day04

From Arctic Wolf Day04

From Arctic Wolf Day04

The shower was very refreshing and it is always nice to meet locals who were fishing and swimming on the lake.
From Arctic Wolf Day04

After our nice bath, we head on back to camp for yet another gourmet camping dinner. Dinner cooking is always a blast with lots of laughs, as Brian and Jeff try to decide who’s making their meal for two, Kevin and Jeffrey bicker over who had a certain utensil last, I and Tracy of course cook our own meals, and Trailboss (Steve) just mooches off whoever will give him any of their extra food. Just classic as this takes place about every day. We clean up and do our dishes. Some of us head to bed after the long day and others stay at the fire drinking brandy (which Steve loved) and whiskey (Jeff and Brian shared….of course) chatting it up.
From Arctic Wolf Day04

The following did happen but I was not a witness, I only observed the actions through my tent by listening to all the drama. But as I understand it, two local boys off the reservation (who looked like reservation gang bangers) came over drunk off their asses. Jeff steps right up and offers them some of the booze that they have lying all over. These boys gladly take him up on his offer. They end up taking pictures with Tracy as Jeff sneaks off to bed and leaves Tracy to deal with the two drunkards. Meanwhile, a girl that is supposed to pick them up comes along and yells from the car (that is blaring music) that they need to get in immediately because she is mad and will leave them there if they don’t. Apparently the other cousin had gotten even more drunk than the other boys and had ruined her night. It was something to hear. Crazy day with all the rain but it turned out to be a great night with not much hassle due to the wetness.

From Mug Shots

Day 4 the story from Steve
The adventure continues! Day 4 completed and 1200 miles in-headed for the bowels of the Arctic. We are in are final day of BC headed for the Yukon tomorrow. Our group is sure missing Dave and hoping he is able to hook up with us around Friday or Saturday-we will see. So many stories to tell. How about the Mission Statement by Kevin , about hearing the Wolf! Will Kevin got his wishes last night around our campfire when our beloved Jeff Conner suddenly bolted and started howling at the moon! Problem is, there is no moon to be seen that night in this part of the world! Jeff is having a grand time with all this!
Last night we had the best possible camp situation. Camp manager upgraded us to a big group camp with a 30” X 40’ covered picnic area. With rain in the forecast some of us put our tents up under the covered area, not Missy! Our Missy elected to set her tent up outside & put her M/C under the cover! It poured that night! Missy survived and her bike was dry! Missy is a stud and fits in perfectly with the boys. Little brother Jeffrey is turning into quite the chef. Him & dad are the stir fry experts!
Loving my PP mighty 690! The BIG blue bag is hanging on. Tomorrow it’s the hot springs-every day is an adventure with this group!
Ok time to enjoy the camp fire. Missing family & friends-someones got to do this! Please watch over my little Dana girl-I get worried about this girl-she just has no friends! On with the adventure-Steve in Blue loves Orange!

From Arctic Wolf Day04

Map from Day4

gpskevin screwed with this post 12-02-2012 at 09:38 AM
gpskevin is offline   Reply With Quote