Thread: Z1000
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #116
Gregster OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 959
Still have my Zed
It's been a little over 5 years now. When I started this thread November 18, 2007 little did I know just how much fun I would have with this bike. Its been a trustworthy friend and together we have shared 48,000 km (~30, mi) through New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Quebec, Ontario, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. She was almost new (2700 mi) when I brought her home.

Here it is getting the final check-over from the dealer before I bought it.

I was very happy with my new bike

I planned to do a few trips on this bike and did a bit of research into what was available for racks and discovered that there wasn't much. I did find this set-up from Hepco-becker in Germany but it was expensive:

So I decided to make my own rack.

It worked great for fetching packages from across the border:

I mounted up one of my Pelican boxes as a trunk and used my bike to commute to work a few times:

I went to Newfoundland a couple times on this boat:

Here she is in the belly of the boat, all strapped down for the crossing:

Newfoundland was really awesome but I did pick up a roofing nail in my rear tire. That was my first experience with putting tire plugs in a motorcycle tire:

Guilty culprit:

How I rolled on that trip:

Seems all my pictures are of the left side of the bike:

Here she is with my other bikes:

I don't know for sure but it looks like my Zed has more of a lean on its kickstand than it used to:

I eventually got a rear seat cowl, which looks good even though its black. And I also got a Corbin seat, which is awesome:

So after 5 years I still love it. I got used to the vibrations and the stock suspension years ago and don't ever notice what others percieve as things that bother them. Its a wonderfully visceral experience riding this bike and it never fails to put a smile on my face.

Gregster screwed with this post 11-30-2012 at 09:06 AM
Gregster is offline   Reply With Quote