Thread: Drz400 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #17099
makazica
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 734
Cheers all!

I sold my KTM and get to use my friends DRZ until I buy a bike.

Beeing a bit spoilt by the austrian I'm trying to set up the DRZ to my riding style so I've got a couple of questions for you and would appreciate some help....

We have put a FCR 39 and an open exhaust can, bike pulls much much better but it leaks gas on the overflow....I suppose the float height needs to be adjusted; do you know, from the top of the head what is the float height for the FCR39, I think I've read somewhere it's 9 mm.

Front brake.....is there something to do with stock front brake setup to get more feel or is it just up to the quality of the pads? Wouldn't like to go aftermarket cause it get's expensive quickly so I'm looking for a cheap fix/trick/something.

The lack of feel on the front brake could be up to the front suspension, I'm 97 kg with gear, stock forks, preload set at 1 groove from top, compression damping set at 4 clicks out from hardest setting.....tips/advice....would also like to stay stock.....

And the last issue; how much is it possible to rise the bars without stretching the cables too much? Also, what aftermarket bar would you recommend?

Thanks!

M.
makazica is offline   Reply With Quote