View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #28
AK Smitty OP
AK Smitty

Oddometer: 314
Sayulita

I did enjoy a couple of days in Sayulita surfing and just chilling knowing there was nothing left I could do on the paper work front except change my flight back to PV to an earlier date.

This is the ride from San Blas to Sayulita. If you ever do that ride be sure not to go back to the highway. Take the coastal route. It is great.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

How can I worry about paper work with views like this...

and this

I met a really nice couple from Canada(Bernie and Linda) that has done a lot of touring around Mexico and also ridden to Panama.
Here is the VIP parking

A nice hotel with great owners and guests. I cant remember the name but I know where it is. There is small pool to cool off in and a real sense of community at the hotel.

The first night I was there they had a big steak dinner and wouldn't take no for an answer. It was great!!

Some of the crew.

I did the dishes to make an attempt at pulling my weight. A great meal with great company.
Sayulita is fun and friendly town. It is pricey by Mexico standards but it is very chill and safe. A great surf break too. I have been here twice and enjoyed my time here a lot.

Off to Bodegas Vallarta to store the bike and then to the airport.
Back in just over 2 weeks for a hard ride to Guatemala.

BTW I timed this report so I am now back on the road and can give you the ride to Guatemala in real time.
AK Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote