View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #71730
TrophyHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
of course but come on. can't the man make a few bucks for his clean up work on the tool tube? it's $45 for the complete bolt on package & his clamp is very well built. it's the best tool-tube based setup i've seen. i've ridden hard with it for over a year and it's heavy and packed w/ tools. the clamp still looks new and is rock solid. look at his drz400 skid plate work. this guy has incredible skills. works for me. http://www.weld86motoparts.com/Suzuki-DRZ.html
You're right, it is an option. I wasn't begrudging the man for making a buck or two. I usually support the cottage industries whenever I can....like when I bought one of Skunkwizards tool boxes after he did a run of 'em. I have it for longer trips.

Didn't mean to offend. I've taken many cost saving tips from this thread and also spent more on my DR than it will ever be worth....just trying to offer a solution to folks, like me, who have to be more budget concious.

And yeah, that's a stout DRZ skid plate. He's popping up on Stromtrooper with a skidplate option too. I'm anxious to see the results.

"It's a small amount of gas, but it represents a long walk" My Dad...
TrophyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote