View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #1157
Box'a'bits OP
In need of repair

Oddometer: 2,028
Postscript to Odlins Rd

The cleaning fairies came today & washed Gus, which made it practical to start assessing damage from the Odlins Rd 'wall of death' excursion.

The headlight frame seems to have taken the majority of damage. The round ring is now well out of shape (oval rather than round), is bowed on the left lower side, & is fairly garked on the top side. The adjuster knob doesn't sit flat because the rubber isolator is pulled to one side. But it is still useable. I’ll demount it at some stage to see if it can be repaired. Otherwise its USD 95 + freight to replace.

The handlebars / Rox Risers just needed to be loosened & reset. The barkbusters did their job. I have merely filed off the worst of the graze & refitted them.

The choke lever is scratched up, but can be sanded & repainted. The clutch /left switch perch broke internally. Fortunately I have another. The grip will be replaced.

The right hardhead guard took a pounding. I haven’t looked to see if this can be straightened yet. There is a big chip out of the right valve cover. It looks like the central right valve cover stud is bent. I think there is a good chance the value cover would have holed on the right side without the guard in place.

The left side is scratched, & there is some deepish gouges in the rocker cover

The left rear indicator mount has twisted. I have done a bit of panelbeating, & this is now back in place.

My body is healing. Fridays Xrays confirmed the fluid / blood in the lung is still there. The major damage is internal. My breathing & ability to move semi-normally is getting better every day. The rib bruising came out fairly quickly, & is now fading. The blacker bruising on the belt line only came out yesterday.

It's just better when there's twins involved....

Box'a'bits screwed with this post 11-30-2012 at 10:43 PM
Box'a'bits is online now   Reply With Quote