View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #46
GAS GUY OP
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 3,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
I have no idea why anyone would buy a BMW GSA. A KLR650 is all the bike anyone actually needs. I'm also debt free except for a small mortgage, I bought a small fixer upper 2 bedroom about 22 years ago and fixed it up. It has a 2 car garage (full of bikes) I refinanced it right after Bush invaded Iraq. I have less than 5 years to go on it, at $523 a month, taxes and insurance included. My EX wife's sister and brother in law owe nearly $2000 a month on a fairly new 30 year mortgage. I don't think I could live with that kind of debt.

I am so tempted to get a KLR ('09 or later) but I'm not sure what I would do with it. I have over $3K into a heavily modded XT225, and it works fine for everything but long trips. I have a Vulcan 750 and a Goldwing 1500 for long highway trips, and don't see myself doing any long distance off road trips anymore.
I hear ya, after I master this 650 cc Adventure Touring thing, then I can graduate to a 250 !!!

Just like you I only have 5 years left on my house and no other substantial debt to speak of.

I just have to stay focused and strong and keep it that way, at least until my daughters need cars or college.

Sometimes it is really hard to do in modern day USA with so many temptations and the attitude that"everything goes" and huge debt is acceptable and when you can't pay it that is ok too.

Well, not me, I have never defaulted on a dollar and don't plan on starting now.

"Less is more" !!!
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/

GAS GUY screwed with this post 12-08-2013 at 06:52 AM
GAS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote