View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #266
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
If I can get most of my chores done Saturday I could meet you on the LV end and ride toward AV way ? Where do you do your turn around in LV ?
I originally planned to go out as far as South Bessemer Mine road up against the mountains. Now the weather forecast is for somewhat strong winds and I'm not a big fan of of wind since I work in it alot out here in the Desert.

This is just a shakedown cruise to see where my knee is at, so I'm not sure the exact route I'll take but it will be fairly easy. Thinking about going up through the local foothills and on up the mountain as far as Big Pine Flat to see if theres been any rain up there. I can do a somewhat easy loop to Big Pine Flat and back to my place in four hours if I'm in a hurry.. Alot the foothill and mountain area can be good for a wind buffer because of all the canyons and drainages that can block wind. Probably leave my place no later than 8 am.

Jeff if you decide you're interested I can meet you at High Road and the railroad tracks and we can headup the mountain on Grapevine Canyon Rd. Later we'll pop down to the desert on 3N14 and and you can easily head back to Lucerne from there.

All welcome for a fairly easy ride, not giant bike friendly. Start at 8:00 am ,back in Apple Valley by 1:00pm.

Mojave Mutt screwed with this post 12-01-2012 at 08:54 AM
Mojave Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote