View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #23
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,568
Oklahoma continued

Ok where were we, oh yeah Lucille's in Weatherford where I caught a cheap room and got some much needed rest.
This is a pretty cool place with old gas pumps outside and a great atmosphere inside.

I wanted to visit the Tom Stafford air museum while in Weatherford but decided to ride the route instead. Would be good to catch that next time I head West to finish the ride.

So I hit the road and after a bit pulled into Clinton, Ok. Wow what a nice Route 66 museum they have!!

This baby was in the front window. NICE!!

An old Texaco Gas truck was sitting out side the museum, they used to deliver gas on a rig like this to my Dad's farm.

I spent quite a bit of time here. It was very clean and done with taste. Definitely a must see stop on the route.

This little dinner was constructed just outside the museum in Clinton.

Rolled out of Clinton headed to Elk City where we would find another fantastic site. This is what greats you in Elk City, Ok.

They had actually reconstructed the boardwalk like it was back in the day. What a treat!

Once inside (this one cost $5 no biggy and glad to contribute) it did not disappoint.

Even an old school "Rock Bluff School" as it appeared in the old days.

Here is some more history on Elk City.

The complete down town with sidewalks and everything. Major undertaking.

Nice rigg, can't say much for the coffin though!

Some more of the shops they had.

About time! Some motorcycles.

Looks like an old knuckle head. (something my Dad often referred to me as...)

Now that is a SEAT..

Even an old Indian.

Wow an old Cushman scooter. I used to lust over those things before I got my own bike.

After finishing the Elk City Museum I continued West and found a few more things I had to get a picture of.

I hit the Texas border and will continue on with that portion a little later.
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote