View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #58
England-Kev OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,497
So sang the Mama's and papa's, all those years ago, and with a frost on the ground today, and a blue sky laid on thick and high, California Dreaming was calling my name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN3GbF9Bx6E

Now as it so happens I had a look over the new Guzzi California on Friday, I had called Corsa Italiana to buy a dizzy cap and rotor arm for my Ambo, and parked up outside was the new bike.

It still has the style of the old original Cali, but being aimed at the older owner with spare cash, it is now more easy chair than easy rider, it has lost some of the edge of the original, which is a shame.

But today, Saturday, was all about playing with the Ambo, I had an electrical fault I needed to fix on the lighting side, I also wanted to stick a strobe on and check the timing, so after taking it out for a warm up, and a coffee for me, I dropped by my local gargage, where the owner let me pull it inside in the warm to do the work...

So first things first, I fitted the new distributer cap and rotor arm, then we connected up the strobe, and all was bang on where it needed to be, next job was finding out why I had no rear light, this turned out to be a rats nest of bad wiring and loose connectors. Well no sooner had we found the cause, Mark the garage owner, chopped the lot out and rewired the whole front end back into the headlight, and fuse box, all new wires, correctly soldered, and finished with heat shrink. And he never charged me for the work. It just goes to show, ther are still great people out there who care what they do.

So another Saturday goes past, and the bike gets a little better, the next two jobs will be the front fork oil, and the dynamo cover.

England-Kev is offline   Reply With Quote