Installed mine today also. Took me about 50 minutes. All went great.
Not that it matters, but I used a bastard file to create the arch in the plastic tab, and then used a square edge file to cut it to a rectangle that just perfectly fit the cord going through it. I took my time and it probably added 15 minutes to the job.
Also, as my garage was kind of chilly, I used a heat gun to gently warm the light assembly and plastic tail piece before applying the sticky tape. My thought is that it will soften the adhesive a bit and help it to adhere better.
Works great! Thanks again, Greg, for your excellent workmanship.
Successfully surviving motorcycling since 1976.